A third-party entity is defined as an individual, private, government or state agency, or other outside entities who will assist in paying for any portion of your tuition and/or fees and they are requesting a bill directly from KCKCC (Kansas City Kansas Community College). Examples include military tuition assistance (TA), state vocational rehabilitation, workforce centers, etc.

KCKCC will bill the agency or organization on your behalf but must receive written authorization from the sponsoring agency or organization before the third-party billing can be processed. Please note that some invoices may create a “conditional credit” to your student account while awaiting payment and others may not reach out to the third-party billing specialist to verify.

It is the student’s responsibility to submit the sponsor billing request or authorization letter each term. Some entities will send payment authorizations directly to the school, check with the Business Office to verify it was received. These payments are subject to the same federal reporting requirements as other financial aid.  The third-party billing specialist will begin invoicing after the term census date. If your sponsor requires immediate invoicing, please have them contact us at the email address/phone number below.

*The charges paid by the sponsor can vary – some will pay tuition and mandatory fees and others will also pay for parking, housing, books, and supplies. Students are responsible for paying any charges not authorized by the agency.

FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act)

The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) allows higher education institutions to disclose student records or identifiable information without the student's consent to persons or organizations providing financial aid (e.g., sponsorships). The sponsor must agree to abide by the FERPA and not disclose student information to others without the express written approval of the student.

Student's Responsibility

  • It is the student's responsibility to notify KCKCC of any schedule changes that could impact your billing.
  • Some sponsors require grants and institutional funding to apply to student bills before they will pay the remaining balance. We do our best to ensure that this procedure is followed as required. However, financial aid is a separate department and aid sometimes applies to accounts after our billing process. If you receive an incorrect refund, it is the student's responsibility to return it upon receipt. If you are unsure of the validity of a refund, please contact us at the email address/phone number below.
  • If the third party is unwilling to pay the charges incurred, those charges will become the student's obligation.

Refunds Of Financial Aid

Please note that not all third parties are eligible for conditional account credit. This may affect your refund until the payment is received by the third-party payor and applied to your account.  If you receive a refund and are unsure of the validity or amount, reach out to the KCKCC Business Office at 913-288-7620.


The funding information is sent directly to the Business Office by the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR). Please see disclaimer regarding other benefits.

KBOR’s Kansas Military Service Scholarship Information

These students do not need to provide an LOA as that is given to the school directly via the AI Portal/Army IgnitED, visit the KCKCC Military & Veterans Center or see the DOD TA page for more information DANTES - Military Tuition Assistance

This information is sent directly to KCKCC after you apply and are approved for funding.

Authorization documents are provided directly to us by your counselor. This sponsor does require Pell Grants and institutional aid to be applied to accounts first. If you have a change in counselor, please notify the third-party office immediately.

Please visit the KCKCC Veterans and Military Center's Military and Veterans Education Benefits webpage for more information or complete the Veterans Benefits Request Form online.

 These are VA benefits and do not fall under third party billing.

The invoicing for your benefit is directly communicated to your counselor by the third-party office. If you have any changes to your counselor(s) please let the KCKCC Military & Veterans Center know immediately. 

Please visit the KCKCC Veterans and Military's Military and Veterans Education Benefits webpage for more information or complete the Veterans Benefits Request Form online.

Questions outside of billing will need to be directed to the center.

This information is sent directly to KCKCC once you are approved through your career choice portal. You will see this benefit applied to your account once received by KCKCC.

Most workforce centers will email the authorizations directly to the school. Please verify with the Business Office that yours has been received or notify us of any changes in counselor.

What should be included in an authorization?

We can bill any company for tuition and fees. However. we must have a promissory letter stating the specific courses to be paid for. The information required by the authorization for payment should include:

  • Student name
  • Student ID number
  • Agency name and billing address (on company letterhead, emailed, faxed, etc.)
  • Name and phone number of the contact person
  • The term that will be covered by the authorization.
  • Course name and number (example: ENG 121) - if available
  • Dollar amount or percentage of college costs to be covered.
  • Types of charges to be covered (tuition, fees, books, housing, IDs, etc.)

NOTE: We will need a new letter each semester to ensure student stays in current status.

Authorizations for Payment

Your payment authorization can be mailed, emailed, or delivered in person to the Third-Party Specialist using the information below:


Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC)
Attn: Krissy Cecil/Business Office
7250 State Ave
Kansas City, KS 66112-3003


Deliver in Person

Please visit the Business Office - Social Science Building Room 3260. View on map.

Payment may be made by check, Visa, MasterCard, Discovery, and American Express or by wire - address wire information will be included on your billing statement.

After the college receives the payment authorization an award is entered on a student account. This information indicates the funding source and allows the accounts receivable system to generate third-party invoices.

If for some reason, the third party is unwilling to pay the charges incurred; those charges will then become the obligation of the student.