On Campus Resolution

Informal Process

With the exception of federally mandated programs such as the Title IX complaints regarding Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence, a student with a complaint regarding a matter associated with Kansas City Kansas Community College is encouraged to begin with an informal process. In brief, this means discussing the matter with the faculty or staff of the department where the issue originated and only escalating it to their supervisor, or dean of the division if not resolved. In most cases, complaints can be resolved through this informal process. See this link to locate the Academic Divisions

Formal Process

If still unresolved after following the informal complaint process, the student may choose to file a formal complaint by following a specific procedure.  All student complaints are filed in the Office of the Dean of Student Services as a way to provide a consistent location for students to access to seek assistance and potential remedy.  Given the myriad of complaints, the Dean of Student Services is charged with the responsibility of listening to the students concern, providing feedback, and making appropriate referrals to other campus offices in an effort to resolve the complaint.  In instances where a complaint may be about a student, such as in an alleged violation of the Student Handbook and Code of Conduct, the Dean of Student Services investigates the complaint and provides the student with full and complete due process.  This procedure is addressed in the Handbook and Code of Conduct.  Students should contact Student Affairs for grade appeals, grievances, or other matters where a student is dissatisfied.  NOTE: Title IX Complaints or “Reports” regarding sexual harassment and/or sexual violence, should be directed to the Title IX Coordinator.  To file a complaint, use the following forms, send an email or call 913-288-7691 to the Dean of Student Services.  

For grievances or complaints not covered above, please use the InTouch system at: 1-844-KCKCC-85 (1-844-525-2285) or at the KCKCC website  or InTouch website.

Outside Agency Resolution

If the student feels the complaint has not been properly addressed, the student may follow the state complaint process by contacting the applicable state agencies outside of Kansas City Kansas Community College. KCKCC is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. 

Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, IL 60604-1411
Phone: 312-263-0456


Consumer protection and/or fraud complaints may be filed with the Kansas Attorney General's office:

Kansas Attorney General
Consumer Protection Hotline
Phone: 1-800-432-2310
Phone: 785-296-3751
Fax: 785-291-3699

Discrimination complaints may be filed with the Kansas Human Rights Commission:

Kansas Human Rights Commission
900 SW Jackson, Suite 568 South
Landon Office Building
Topeka, KS 66612-2818
Phone: 785-296-3206
Fax: 785-296-0589  

Complaints regarding online programs authorized through State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (SARA) may be directed to the

SARA Complaint Procedure
Kansas Board of Regents
SARA Complaint Division
1000 SW Jackson St., Suite 520
Topeka, Kansas 66612-1368