Wyandotte County Residency

Students must provide a valid Driver’s License or State I.D. card with a current address AND one other original item from the list below to change residency from out-of-county or to in-county. The student’s name, address and a current date must be printed on each item. The two items must demonstrate that the student lived in a Wyandotte County address for at least 30 days before the beginning of the start of the 16-week session. Residency adjustments will not be considered after the 20th Day.


Valid Driver’s License, or State I.D. card or TVDL (Temporary Visitor Driver’s License) with current address


One of the following:

  • Current lease (signed copy)
  • Utility bills (electric, water, refuse, telephone land/cell, cable or gas) dated within a 30-day period.
  • Insurance billing statement with address listed
  • Current vehicle registration
  • Current property tax bill
  • Paycheck stub with address listed (dated within a 30-day period).

Students who are in the United States on a visa are considered to be in Kansas temporarily and are not eligible for in-state tuition regardless of current address.

For more information regarding residency, please contact the Registrar’s Office.

Kansas Residency

Residency of students is determined at the time of enrollment. Determination of residency is made in accordance with Kansas Statutes 71-406. A copy of these statutes is available from the Registrar or the College library.

A student must be a resident of Kansas for six (6) consecutive months prior to enrollment in order to qualify for in-state tuition. In order to prove their residency, students will need to fill out the Affidavit of Residency form and provide three (3) of the following items. 

  • Receipt for purchase of Kansas license tags dated at least 6 months prior to the first day of term;
  • Receipt for payment of Kansas property taxes dated at least 6 months prior to the first day of term;
  • Employment verification or payroll check stubs from a Kansas employer or college attendance at an accredited Kansas Community College commencing six (6) months prior to the first day of term in the fall, spring and summer semester;
  • Copy of voter registration in the State of Kansas dated six (6) months prior to the first day of term;
  • Copy of Kansas driver's license dated at least six (6) months prior to the first day of term;
  • Utility Receipt and/or rent receipts continuously for the prior six (6) months;
    Verification from a Kansas resident that the above named student has resided with her/him/them for six (6) months prior to the first day of term.