General Policy

Students who attend classes receive grades and academic credit if they are properly registered for courses at the College. To register for courses, students must enroll during open enrollment and the designated enrollment periods which are held in August, January, and June. Times and dates are published online. Any student who is not properly registered or has a financial obligation at the College will be denied entrance to classes.


Wyandotte County

Students must provide a valid Driver’s License or State I.D. card with a current address AND one other original item from the list below to change residency from out-of-county or to in-county. The student’s name, address and a current date must be printed on each item. The two items must demonstrate that the student lived in a Wyandotte County address for at least 30 days before the beginning of the start of the 16-week session. Residency adjustments will not be considered after the 20th Day.


Valid Driver’s License, or State I.D. card or TVDL (Temporary Visitor Driver’s License) with current address


One of the following:

  • Current lease (signed copy)
  • Utility bills (electric, water, refuse, telephone land/cell, cable or gas) dated within a 30-day period.
  • Insurance billing statement with address listed
  • Current vehicle registration
  • Current property tax bill
  • Paycheck stub with address listed (dated within a 30-day period).

Students who are in the United States on a visa are considered to be in Kansas temporarily and are not eligible for in-state tuition regardless of current address.

For more information regarding residency, please contact the Registrar’s Office.


Residency of students is determined at the time of enrollment. Determination of residency is made in accordance with Kansas Statutes 71-406. A copy of these statutes is available from the Registrar or the College library.

A student must be a resident of Kansas for six (6) consecutive months prior to enrollment in order to qualify for in-state tuition. In order to prove their residency, students will need to fill out the Affidavit of Residency form and provide three (3) of the following items. 

  • Receipt for purchase of Kansas license tags dated at least 6 months prior to the first day of term;
  • Receipt for payment of Kansas property taxes dated at least 6 months prior to the first day of term;
  • Employment verification or payroll check stubs from a Kansas employer or college attendance at an accredited Kansas Community College commencing six (6) months prior to the first day of term in the fall, spring and summer semester;
  • Copy of voter registration in the State of Kansas dated six (6) months prior to the first day of term;
  • Copy of Kansas driver's license dated at least six (6) months prior to the first day of term;
  • Utility Receipt and/or rent receipts continuously for the prior six (6) months;
    Verification from a Kansas resident that the above named student has resided with her/him/them for six (6) months prior to the first day of term.

Course Location Offerings

KCKCC offers a variety of course types. Please be aware of each as you register for courses. 

  • Online courses, generally, do not meet in a classroom and are available 24/7 in the college learning management system. However depending upon the content and instructor, students may be required periodic face-to-face testing, labs, or performance purposes. Please contact the appropriate division or instructor for this information.
  • Web-enhanced courses meet on campus in a traditional timeframe, of which certain elements are available within the learning management system.
  • Blended courses combine elements of both face to face courses and online courses. Students meet periodically in the Blended course model and complete a wide variety of task and assignments in the online environment.
  • There may be additional fees depending upon the course and section. 


Student Success Advisors are assigned upon application for admission. Program Coordinators are assigned based upon the student’s area of interest.

Advisor information is available from my profile on WebAdvisor. Students are responsible for making appointments with their advisors and meeting with them to develop a degree plan while at KCKCC. Student Success Advisors assist students in locating information about course prerequisites, transferability of courses, the sequence in which courses should be taken, and serve as mentors for their advisees. Final responsibility for developing a degree plan rests with the student.

In planning course schedules, students should keep in mind their career goals, graduation requirements at KCKCC, and graduation requirements at the four-year college or university they plan to attend.


It is strongly recommended that students enroll in their classes early to reserve their classes a semester in advance. Enrollment for the fall and summer semesters begins the preceding April and for the spring semester the preceding November.

College Orientation Class Requirement

All first time degree-seeking students will take Freshman Seminar (BLUE 0101).

  • A student already has a college degree.
  • A student from another institution who is enrolling only in summer courses.
  • A student is only enrolled in Wellness, Workforce Development, or refresher courses.
  • A transfer student with 30 or more college credit hours. Students taking Honors Tutorial I as Presidential Scholarship recipients.
  • Students taking Honors Tutorial I as Presidential Scholarship recipients.

If a student does not meet one of the exemptions listed above and wishes to appeal the requirement of completing the course, the student will need to obtain the approval of the Vice President of Academic Affairs. 


Students are expected to make prompt payment of financial obligations, such as parking fines, library fines, graduation fees, special fees, and loans at the College. Students with unpaid accounts will have a hold placed on their records and are not allowed to enroll, cannot receive academic transcripts or diplomas, or have academic information released from the College until their outstanding accounts have been paid.