Skip to main content
Student Housing

Housing FAQs


Housing FAQ

The cost of your student housing accommodation is charged to your student account at the beginning of each semester.  We encourage students to contact the Business Office to set up a payment plan if they are not able to pay the entire amount at the beginning of the semester.  All utilities (electric, water, trash, etc.) are included in the published cost, but don’t forget that you also must pay tuition and fees as a student.  Talk to the Financial Aid office if you need financial assistance.


KCKCC takes safety very seriously. Building doors are locked 24/7 and students must use their identification card to enter the building. Resident assistants and/or professional staff members are available 24/7. Security cameras are located at entrances, exits, and throughout public spaces in the building KCKCC Police patrols campus, including Centennial Hall. To ensure health of students those living on campus are required to submit documentation of vaccinations for MMR, tetanus and meningitis.

Students are responsible for reading and following policies within the KCKCC Student Handbook and Code of Conduct and the Residence Life Handbook.

Learn more about Safety at KCKCC here:

KCKCC and Student Housing strive to meet the needs of all students. If you need assistance with an accessibility need (mobility, hearing, medical, etc.), please contact the Student Accessibility and Support Services office.  You will need to provide documentation of your need, as well as a description of the housing accommodation needed.

The hall also has ADA-compliant rooms available for those with a documented need.

Emotional Support Animals

An Emotional Support Animal (ESA) is an animal that provides personal comfort to an individual with a documented disability.  KCKCC Student Housing can arrange accommodations for ESAs; however, that accommodation does not extend to areas outside of your room assignment, including the common areas of the residence hall or any other part of the college.

Students who would like to request an accommodation for an ESA should contact the Student Accessibility and Support Services office.

Rooms are typically assigned by gender.  However, gender inclusive housing is an option that allows students to room with other students regardless of their gender identity or gender expression. The intent of this living option is to provide a welcoming living environment for students of all genders. It also allows students who may be in the process of discovering their gender identity, who may not wish to identify themselves by any gender, and/or students who feel more comfortable with a roommate of a different gender the option to find a more compatible roommate and living situation within the community.

Students who wish to live in a gender inclusive housing assignment can indicate that preference on their housing application.

There are limited spaces available.

Yes!  We use a system called Roomeez to allow students to communicate with other students who have signed a contract to choose who they would like to be roommates with. 

Or, if you don’t want to choose a roommate, you can move forward and choose from a list of available rooms, and you will be automatically assigned a roommate.

Typically, there is a room freeze during the first few weeks after the start of classes each semester. This allows time for staff to identify those who applied but did not show up and to assign students who signed a contract late. 

Residents may request a room change after room freeze ends. However, you may not move to another space without Student Housing staff authorization. If you do, you will incur charges and may face disciplinary action.

Once your request to change rooms has been approved, you must check-in to the new room with a staff member.  You will then have 48 hours to complete your move, including moving all of your belongings and cleaning your old space.  You will then meet with a staff member to check out of your old space.  Failure to properly check out of your old space within 48 hours will result in you being charged for occupying BOTH spaces.

Renters insurance is not required; however, KCKCC’s insurance covers the facility only and KCKCC is not responsible for student personal property that is lost, stolen or damaged.

Check to see if your family’s homeowner’s or renter’s insurance covers your belongings while you’re in student housing at KCKCC or consider purchasing a policy from a company that specializes in rental insurance. 

There are washers and dryers located in the lowest level of Centennial Hall

In a typical 4-bedroom apartment, there is a twin size-bed (see your room assignment to determine if it is XL or regular-sized), underbed storage drawers, desk, chair, living room couch, coffee table, entertainment stand, and two counter-height stools.

We do not offer family housing.  Students’ spouses and/or children are not eligible to live in Centennial Hall.

Our contract is for an academic year (fall and spring semesters).  If space allows, we will offer a spring-only contract.

You can view the terms and conditions of the student housing contract here:

2023-2024 Academic Year Contract

Summer 2023 Contract

KCKCC uses cookies to understand how you use the website and how to improve the overall experience. Read our website privacy policy