Skip to main content
Career Services

Work Study Hiring Process


Career Services
Student Success Center
Upper Jewell Bldg, Rm 3344 



  1. Check with Financial Aid to make sure you’re eligible for Work Study funding. They will email you a work study authorization form – save this document, you will need it to apply for Work Study positions.
    1. Remember that your eligibility depends on the number of credit hours you are enrolled in and attending. You must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours. Check with Financial Aid before dropping/withdrawing from any classes to see if it will affect your eligibility for Work Study.
  2. Log in to Handshake with your student email, find the position(s) you want to apply for, and apply. The supervisor for the job(s) you applied for can then contact you for interviews or to discuss the position.
    1. You will need to need to include a copy of the work study authorization form with your application on Handshake:
    2. If this job is closely related to your major, ask the faculty program coordinator for your department/major about possible internship credit (if you don’t know who that is, Career Services or an Academic Advisor can look it up and give you their contact information).
  3. If you are selected for a position, you will receive an offer letter to your student email. The email will also include a portal link to complete the required employment paperwork. Follow the directions in the email to complete your employment paperwork and schedule a time to meet with Human Resources to complete your I-9/KS Oath appointment.
    1. F-1 Visa students will need to show Career Services or Financial Aid departments their offer email as soon as possible after they receive it - they will print a letter that you will need to give your DSO so they can assist you in applying for a Social Security number.
  4. When all Human Resources paperwork is complete, Human Resources will email you and your supervisor to let you know that you can begin working.
  5. Financial Aid will award your funding. You will be able to see it in Self Service under Financial Aid.
KCKCC uses cookies to understand how you use the website and how to improve the overall experience. Read our website privacy policy