The intercollegiate athletic program is an integral part of Kansas City Kansas Community College. It is the duty of the Athletic Department to provide leadership in the development of values. These values include intellectual, social, moral, emotional and cultural growth, loyalty, cooperation, teamwork, physical health, and an ability to accept responsibilities.
The Kansas City Kansas Community College Athletic Department consists of the following intercollegiate sports:
- Men’s and Women’s Basketball
- Men’s and Women’s Cross Country
- Men’s and Women’s Indoor Track
- Men’s and Women’s Outdoor Track
- Men’s Baseball
- Men’s Golf
- Men’s Soccer
- Women’s Softball
- Women’s Volleyball
Kansas City Kansas Community College is a member of the Kansas Jayhawk Community College Conference and the National Junior College Athletic Association. The college abides by rules and regulations of the above governing bodies.
To receive an athletic scholarship, the student-athlete must:
- Meet all requirements for admission to KCKCC.
- Abide by rules and regulations of the Jayhawk Conference and the letter of intent.
- Have official transcript(s) on file in the Admission Office. These transcripts must show high school graduation or GED completion and all other college work.
- Maintain an acceptable conduct record on campus and while representing the college in any activity.
- Make a contribution to the team or activity groups in which he/she is a member as determined by the coach.
- Remain enrolled in at least 12 semester hours.
- Maintain academic eligibility.
Student-athletes may receive financial aid beyond the limits of the athletic scholarship if they meet institutional and federal requirements.