Home  >  Academics  >  General Catalog  >  Introduction to KCKCC  >  History  

History

Kansas City Kansas Community College was founded in 1923 as part of the Public School System of Kansas City, Kansas. In 1965, in accordance with legislation governing two-year colleges in the State of Kansas, the name of the College changed to Kansas City Kansas Junior College. Then in 1979, legislative action created another name change for the two-year colleges in the State of Kansas. The term junior was dropped from their names and replaced with community; at this time the College officially became known as Kansas City Kansas Community College.