Home  >  Academics  >  Academic Divisions  >  Humanities & Fine Arts  >  Foreign Language  

FAQs for Studying All Foreign Languages:

Q. Is tutoring available for foreign language courses?
A. Yes.
Tutoring is available through the Academic Resource Center (ARC) located in room 3344 in the Jewell Student. More Information

If you are taking classes at the Leavenworth Center and desire assistance, please fill out a tutorial request form at the main desk.

Q. Can accommodations can be made for students with disabilities?
A. Yes.
However, these are reserved for students with documented disabilities who have registered with the ARC.  Please contact the ARC as early as possible in the semester.

Q. Is it possible to audit a foreign language course?
A. Yes.
However, to gain the most from the experience, you must attend classes regularly and participate in all course activities.  The regular tuition and fee schedule applies.

Additional FAQs for Spanish:

Q. Do I need to take the Spanish placement exam?
A. No.
However, if you have studied Spanish for three or more years in secondary school, it might be beneficial.  Taking the placement exam enables us to enroll you according to your skill level.

Q. Can I obtain college credit for Spanish by examination?
A. Yes.
If you wish to take the examination for credit, please contact the Foreign Language Coordinator, Associate Professor - Awilda Olson, at 913-288-7362.  There is a fee for the examination.

Contact Information:

Awilda Olson
Main Campus
7250 State Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66112
Phone: 913-288-7382