ESOL/ESL Enrollment Checklist


Complete an Application 

Complete a free application. Check your e-mail for confirmation that your application has been received and processed. You must have either a U.S. or foreign high school diploma or GED to be admitted to KCKCC. If you need assistance with applying, call 913-288-7625.

Set up WebAdvisor and KCKCC E-mail

A KCKCC student I.D. will be sent to the e-mail address listed on your application. Create your WebAdvisor account following the instructions contained in your e-mail. Once your WebAdvisor account has been created, use the same login information to access your KCKCC Student e-mail. KCKCC will only communicate with students through this school-issued e-mail address.

Financial Aid and FAFSA

Go to the website, to apply for Financial Aid. This is a free application. You will need to have completed your tax returns for the previous year before you can complete the application. Our school code is 001925.

Take the Placement Test

Your math and English language skills must be evaluated by taking the free ESL COMPASS test at the Academic Resource Center. The test may require two hours to complete. Children are not allowed in the testing room.

The test is available on the following days:
Monday - Thursday
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
You will need to bring a photo ID and your student ID number.

Call (913) 288-7171 for Placement Test information.

Enroll in Classes.

See an ESOL counselor or advisor. You must bring your ESL COMPASS test results with you. The advisor will discuss your academic and career plans and help you complete an enrollment form. Take the form to the ESOL Coordinator or the Admissions Office to complete your enrollment. For an appointment, call

ESOL Office 913-288-7625 or 913-288-7380

Intercultural Center Coordinator 913-288-7375 OR
Director of Cultural Outreach 913-288-7362

Pay For Your Courses

You must pay for classes before they begin, unless Financial Aid or a scholarship has been awarded. The Business Office accepts cash, checks, or credit cards. You may also make payment arrangements through FACTS e-cashier or through WebAdvisor.

Get Student ID and Parking Permit

Obtain your student ID and Parking Permit by visiting the Campus Police in room 3462. Campus Police is open from 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday-Friday. Please bring photo ID and class schedule with you.
If you need accommodations for a documented disability, please contact the Academic Resource Center at 913-288-7670 V/TDD.

© Kansas City Kansas Community College
7250 State Avenue | Kansas City, KS 66112 | 913-334-1100
An Equal Opportunity Educational Institution
Contact | Accessibility | KCKCC Statements

KS Degree Stats